BetProtocol’s $BEPRO Token Smart Contract Audit
Please join our Telegram!
BetProtocol enables entrepreneurs and independent developers to create better, sustainable gaming platforms with no coding required. Their toolkit ensures that compliance and safety are handled on the protocol level, allowing developers to focus on the marketing and content of their dApps and not on the underlying infrastructure.
BetProtocol’s ecosystem is powered by their native token BEPRO. The token will facilitate collaboration among developers, oracle solvers, bookers and betters for an optimal network of betting dApps.
BEPRO Token Characteristics
From the developers perspective, dApps will spend BEPRO tokens to deploy (startup) and run (e.g: transacting bets) on the BetProtocol platform. Similarly, BEPRO tokens will be deducted from dApp balances according to the amount of betting transactions executed by that dApps. Meaning, developers will need to acquire more tokens to stay in operation. This will allow BEPRO to act a fuel that will push BetProtocol for consistent maintenance of the network.
For more in depth info, please click here.
From the users perspective, BEPRO tokens will serve as a means to:
- Initiate and resolve disputes: Tokens are required to create a dispute in the network to prevent spam.
- Pay for premium services: dApps can create premium services, such as gamification, in exchange for BEPRO
- Build their reputation in oracle participation: BEPRO tokens are needed to participate in oracle resolution to prevent bad actors and increase the quality of the truthfulness of oracles
In order to build a strong and secure technological base, BetProtocol worked with CertiK to ensure complete correctness of the BEPRO Token.
CertiK’s smart level engine applied 100% formal verification coverage on the BEPRO token and distribution contract. Formal Verification mathematically proves that the code will work as intended, computing all possible scenarios. Because math is the only consistent language across the world, Formal Verification provides technical proof that the contracts are transparent, comprehensive, fast, and true.
CertiK’s team of engineers also scanned the source code using proprietary static analysis tools and manual code review methodologies. That end to end process ensures proof of stability as well as a hands-on, engineering-focused process to close loopholes and recommend simple design changes in accordance with the best practices in the space.
Smart Contract Recommendations
Overall we found the token to follow the best practices. After a few minor recommendations that BetProtocol reflected in their latest commit, we’re happy to conclude that the contract is structurally sound and not vulnerable to any classically known anti patterns or security issues. Below were CertiK’s recommendations, among others.
- We recommended BetProtocol to change the scope of functions setTokenAddress(), safeGuardAllTokens(), setTGEDate(), and triggerTokenSend() from public to external, since the functions are only called externally and never internally. This change can save gas and make scope and visibility clearer.
- We recommended BetProtocol to add constant keyword to never change variables like decimals, daysLockWhenD, month, and year.
- We recommended BetProtocol to remove variable day since if an above change happened, then the variable is never used.
CertiK leads blockchain security by pioneering the use of cutting-edge Formal Verification technology on smart contracts and blockchains. Unlike traditional security audits, Formal Verification mathematically proves program correctness and hacker-resistance. CertiK was founded by Computer Science professors of Yale University and Columbia University, securing over $5B in assets, including many of the world’s top projects.
The research efforts of CertiK have received grants from IBM and the Ethereum Foundation, and notable investors include Binance Labs, Bitmain, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Matrix Partners, and NEO Global Capital, among others.
To request the audit/verification of your smart contracts, please email email@example.com or visit certik.org to submit the request.
BetProtocol enables entrepreneurs and developers to create gaming platforms in minutes. No coding required. Thanks to BetProtocol’s blockchain technology, these platforms are secure, scalable and regulatory compliant. Its vision is to enable anyone in the world to dream of being a gaming platform owner one morning, and actually be one that same day.
Join the conversation on Telegram.